Sirius Computer Solutions Sr. Splunk Specialist in Sacramento, California
Requisition Number J17-0165
Title Sr. Splunk Specialist
Description **Telecommute opportunity**
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide advanced consulting for Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Enterprise Security, software development, AND Splunk administration solutions and support to our clients. This position will participate in activities such as installing, deploying, configuring, programming, testing, and documentation. This position will also handle customer engagements requiring knowledge of multiple technologies, and provide technical sales support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide Splunk Professional Services for Splunk Enterprise Security.
• Install, configure, and update Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Enterprise Security environments in a multi-site environment, following best practices from Splunk PS.
• Configure advanced Splunk options like Indexer and multi-site Search Head clustering.
• Ability to build custom applications and technical add-ons for efficiently on-barding data and meeting Splunk CIM compliance for Enterprise Security accelerated data models.
• Resolve issues discovered during System/Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing
• Document detailed design and code
Requirements Position Requirements
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least five (5) years Information Technology experience, including 2 years of Splunk and Splunk ES consulting experience.
• Maintain Splunk Certifications
Other Position Requirements –
• Able to work and consult independently and without a project manager.
• Demonstrated understanding of various types of machine data, such as application and business process logs, clickstream data, configuration files, audit logs, operating systems metrics, message queues, packet/flow data, and others.
• Demonstrated experience working with customers to clarify needs and requirements and to build a solution vision, including experience articulating the value of analyzing machine data for operational intelligence, security, and compliance.
• Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
• Experience making technical decisions regarding assigned tasks when presented with options by other team members
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and identify potential problems and making appropriate changes
• Demonstrated ability to create technical documentation
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Splunk ES Consulting experience
• Splunk Certifications
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility.