Sirius Computer Solutions Sr. Quality Assurance Specialist in Sacramento, California
Requisition Number 17-0190
Title Sr. Quality Assurance Specialist
Description Candidates from Atlanta, Austin and Portland are encouraged to apply
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary responsibility for this position is to ensure quality throughout the software development and enhancement process within a Sirius customer team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists in performing Software Testing providing software reviews and feedback for business requirements, wire frames, and other design documentation from a QA-based standpoint
• Participates in the Business Analysis / Quality Assurance Task Force and complete action items as assigned
• Provides up-to-date status reporting to Project Managers (PM) and Business Analysts (BA)
• Participates in release management and implementation readiness together with the development team based on testing results
• Works with the technical development team during the defect resolution process including working closely with the BA and PM during re-testing and validation
• Assists in producing defect reports to ensure developers have the required information needed for defect remediation
• Creates testing strategies and detailed test plans to thoroughly confirm desired functionality and utility
• Advises Sirius clients on best practices and methods for an enterprise-worthy QA program
Requirements Position Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field
• Five (5) or more years experience in a software quality assurance role
• Previous experience with Jira or any other issues tracking software (e.g. Bugzilla, Gnats, etc.).
• Experience with automation tools such as Junit, TestNG, Rake, Rspec, Cucumber, Selenium RC/WebDriver
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Other Required Qualifications:
• At least 6 months experience in tracking test results in some form of test-management software and summarizing results to Project Management or Operational Management roles
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Demonstrated experience on projects requiring a high level of attention to detail.
• Experience working a QA role within an Agile project
Other Desired Qualifications:
• Knowledge of Rational products including Team Concert, Functional Tester and Performance Tester
• Experience coding in JAVA or Python
• Experience with XML, JSON, and other markup languages
• Experience with Cassandra or other no-SQL technologies
• Experience with SQL and/or other RDB technologies
• Experience with performance testing
• Experience with mobile web testing
• Experience with similar skill sets used within Software Services such as: business analysis, project management, application development, database management, tool administration, etc
• Experience interacting as part of a geographically dispersed team
• Insurance industry experience
• Business Process solution testing experience
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility