Macy's Sacramento, CA - Macy's Logistics: Seasonal Maintenance Mechanic I, Full Time/Part Time in Sacramento, California
* Job Overview: *
Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on material handling equipment, including daily systems inspections of mechanical equipment to include but not limited to carton conveying equipment, pallet conveying equipment and physical building structures. Works independently on routine tasks, but also works as part of the team on projects designated by the Manager or Supervisor. Perform repairs, preventative maintenance, and changes for Power Industrial truck batteries.
Essential Functions: *
• Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair. • Reports any problems to the Manager or Supervisor. • Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part. • Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces parts. • Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction. Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment. • Disassembles, inspects and performs routine repairs and rebuilds of defective parts on all equipment associated with the automated warehouse. • Required to install or recharge batteries for any battery-powered material handling equipment. • Required to repair and maintain PIT (Powered Industrial Trucks) batteries . • Required to perform Preventative Maintenance task for Battery Changers and Facility Sweepers • Adheres to all maintenance safe work practices and maintains a safe working environment at all times. • Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines, and may paint machines or equipment to prevent corrosion. • Performs basic electrical tasks associated with but not limited to replacing motors, fuses, and switches. • Operates shop tools such as a grinder, drill press, cutting torch and welding machine to repair or join metal parts. • Capable of working under the guidance of other team members. • Cleans work area, tools, and equipment. Performs other routine duties. • Reports the usage and replacement of equipment and parts. • Must possess proficient knowledge and continuous adherence of OSHA, State and Local safety standards and the MLO Safety program standards. • Perform any other function management deems essential.
- Education/Experience: *
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with two years of commercial or industrial maintenance related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Communication Skills: *
- * • Must be able to follow instructions and respond in English; • Must communicate with Shuttle office staff, Fleet Maintenance Adm., Receiving dock staff, Big ticket management and carriers and drivers
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Adds, subtracts, and multiplies in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
- Reasoning Ability: *
- * • Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Physical Demands: *
- * • Lifts and moves items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work Hours: *
• Flexibility in work schedule.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Job: Maintenance and Engineering
Req ID: LOG06728