PRIDE Industries Production Trainer in Sacramento, California
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
JOB TITLE: Production Trainer
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
APPROVAL DATE: December 2016
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision, the Production Trainer monitors client product production including client workers who are developmentally disabled and/or physically challenged. Employees in this job class train disabled and/or physically challenged staff, review quality control, and resolves production issues, while interacting with staff, customers, and management on a regular basis. This job class requires knowledge of workflow and scheduling in a manufacturing environment, and the ability to effectively train adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges to produce client production outputs in a safe manner.
- Trains developmentally disabled and/or physically challenged staff; sets up work, directs workflow, and monitors progress of projects through to completion. Ensures adherence to procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
- Sets up work, trains, and monitors staff and/or client workers to assure quality of work and progress of orders. Assigns employees to breaks and lunches; complete employee timecards.
- Acts as a liaison between floor staff and Production Lead to coordinate production schedules and changes, address employee issues, and foster communication.
- Answers telephone; tracks tardiness and absenteeism; maintains time & attendance records.
- Participates in departmental & staff meetings on a regular basis; attends ISP meetings for clients.
- Observes behavior of clients while performing job, on transportation, and/or breaks, and responds to potential problems to minimize confrontation and/or ensure safety of individuals.
- Manages time cards, sick days and vacations for employees and client workers to ensure departmental coverage and customer satisfaction.
- Creates a variety of documents including memos, performance summaries, and reoccurring reports including client attendance, case memos, and incident/accident reports.
- Some positions may drive clients to and from off-site work locations using Company owned vehicle.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
High School Diploma or G.E.D;
One year of related prior work experience in manufacturing, production or scheduling;
Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges, preferred;
Knowledge and training in Food Safety (HACCP) and Food Protection programs, National Organic Program (NOP), California Health and Safety Code, Division 104, Part 5 - Sherman Food, Drug & Cosmetic Law: 2008, and FDA’s Quality System Regulations, preferred;
Familiar with production departmental operations, organization policies, applicable laws, procedures, and processes;
Knowledge of specialized departmental equipment operation including forklifts, pallet jacks, push carts, scales, skinpack and shrink-wrap production packaging equipment;
Computer literacy and the skill to operate specialized software related to departmental operations including shipping/tracking, Internet, spreadsheet, and word processing programs;
Knowledge of training and counseling adults with developmental disabilities;
Ability to effectively train and direct the work of assigned staff (clients) to meet production goals and departmental goals/objectives in a high volume department;
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to present information and respond to questions from vendors, customers, management, and others;
Ability to act responsively to customer inquiries and requests, and to escalate the more difficult clients or matters appropriately;
Ability to build effective working relationships with staff, customers, and others;
Knowledge of business English including vocabulary and spelling;
Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities;
Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common sense skills;
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: N/A
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for an extended periods of time with or without assistance.
Standing and walking
Bending and stooping
Pushing carts up to 50 pounds
Using a pallet jack
Lifting boxes or equipment up to 25 pounds
WORK ENVIROMENT: Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with forklifts and production equipment. Employees may be exposed to noise from equipment in a production/manufacturing environment.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2017-8146
Type Full Time Regular
Additional Information ..