Belcan Plastics Mechanic in Sacramento, California
Job Number: 219978
Description: Plastics Mechanic
You will layout, fabricate, and buildup new and special parts composed of composites
• Include all duties of the Plastic Fabricator, plus work on first run parts and assemblies requiring knowledge of composite shop theory, practice and ingenuity to develop fabrication methods
• Layout, fabricate, and build first run composite and related structural assemblies from prints, sketches, and written/verbal instructions
• Mix combinations of molding and laminating resins to prescribed formulas, lay-up composite, and fiberglass cloth to established contours, incorporate and insert bushings, locating pins, etc. in laminates, layout, cut and set up vacuum bags as required by curing laminates
• Lay out and fabricate various types of first person shop aids, templates and holding fistures to be used in carrying out the above mentioned assignments
• Set up and operate single spindle winding equipment, and cutting table
• Prepare shapes on special equipment for composite assemblies and parts
• Monitor autoclaves and check tolerance requirements
• Check first run parts for overall dimension conformity to specifications, defects, and make recommendations for correction of molds, dies, etc.
• Convey information to lesser skilled classification in the use of new techniques and methods of fabrication, provided it doesn’t conflict with duties of Lead
• Autoclaves, ovens, mixers, sanders, grinders, hoists, vacuum pumps, hydraulic presses, routers, etc.
• High School graduate or equivalent technical school training
• 2 ½ years in composite fabrication
• Required knowledge of forms characteristics of plastic and resin
• Knowledge of shop practices and procedures
• Required to read and fabricate parts to complicated blueprints while using various precision measuring instruments
There is a slight possibility the employee could be retained longer, but ultimately the Sacramento manufacturing operations will be moving to the Huntsville, AL and Camden (there is also a slight opportunity there will be an opportunity to relocate in the future but this is NOT a guarantee)
Requirements: Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, clerical, and light industrial fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website athttp://www.belcan.com.
Location: Sacramento , CA
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: High School Diploma
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart