U.S. Vision District Manager in Sacramento, California
U.S. Vision currently seeks an experienced Optical District Manager (DM) to join the retail team and provide leadership. TheDistrict Manager is responsible for overseeing business operations, customer service and efficiency improvement throughout all stores within their district. They are responsible for developing and maintaining strong store teams and host location relationships. The District Manager is responsible for the achievement of desired business results by providing the necessary tools and support that creates a positive work environment and ensures professional growth and development.The District Manager reports to the Regional Manager.
U.S. Vision is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
We value diversity and an inclusive, accessible environment for both our employees and our customers. Thank you for your interest in our position!
- Recruit, hire, retain, develop and lead a high performance team in all stores within their district
- Lead by example by providing exceptional customer service and resolving store issues as they arise
- Consistently demonstrate behavior and communication styles that effectively articulate the organizational expectations for professionalism and performance
- Provide timely coaching and guidance, consistent with performance criteria, in order to help store associates meet their goals
- Demonstrate a proactive approach in addressing personnel-related matters, including recruiting requirements, associate development, disciplinary actions, terminations, etc.
- Build strong working relationships with host store management team
- Cultivate strong working relationships with doctors within stores and the local area
- Recruit doctors as needed for store locations
- Analyze district area , identify and act upon opportunities for growth for the organization
- Develop a collaborative relationship with departmental leaders within the organization
- Control payroll costs by monitoring scheduling and business trends to ensure that all offices are properly staffed to ensure that standards for customer service and sales performance are achieved
- Create, Identify and follow through on promotional opportunities with our host and community partners.
- All other duties as assigned
- Previous experience as an Optical District Manager is required
- Previous sales experience in a Retail setting is required
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
- Leadership ability to identify key issues, motivate and empower others and build morale while continuing to generate sales and foster a positive work environment
- Flexible schedule required, including the ability to work weekends and evenings
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to understand and control confidential information
- Good sense of fashion and trends that is applicable to fashion eyewear
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Power Point, POS systems, timekeeping system such as Kronos, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to travel within district and to company headquarters in New Jersey, including some overnight stays, and be able to fly by airplane as necessary
- This position has will be required to move between job locations (retail stores). As such this position requires extensive driving, standing, and walking.
Requisition ID: 2017-1251
# of Openings: 1
Brand: JCPenney Optical
Address: 1695 Arden Way
Job Locations: US-CA-Sacramento
Category: Retail Management
Position Type: Full Time