Waste Management Database Associate – MS Office - Sacramento, CA in Sacramento, California
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
I. Job Summary
Under supervision, designs and maintains basic logical and physical databases and spreadsheets, and assists in database and spreadsheet development. Will work in accounting department; may spend up to 20% of time performing accounting functions.
II. Duties and Responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Assists in analyzing, designing, creating, and implementing database and spreadsheet applications in all environments.
- Supports, maintains, optimizes, and monitors database and spreadsheet applications in all environments.
- Provides assistance in designing, testing, and implementing specific database and spreadsheet structural changes.
- Helps in investigating and resolving database and spreadsheet application problems.
- Participates in specification meetings with project team members to determine scope and limitations of projects.
- Maintains database schemas and data documentation.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory job duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, MIS or similar area of study or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Four years of prior work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Preferred: Accounting degree or experience with accounting
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Basic knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Knowledge of database analysis, design, and maintenance.
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Understands infrastructure elements including performance and tuning considerations.
- Backup and recovery experience.
- Microsoft Access database development.
- Microsoft Excel development.
- VBA programming.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking environments.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
May require basic skills in one or more of the following:
- Ability to build relationships with peers and customers.
- Demonstrate a customer-service centered service delivery approach.
- Familiarity with backup or monitoring tools.
- Experience working in a project-centered environment.
- Ability to adjust and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Self motivated and multi-tasking individual that works well in a team environment.
- Experience in negotiating issues to resolution.
Basic skills in one or more of the following preferred:
- Education and experience in Accounting.
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- T-SQL programming.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Information Technology
Title: Database Associate – MS Office - Sacramento, CA
Requisition ID: 17011852