FirstService Residential Club Activities and Events Manager in Sacramento, California
FirstService Residential is actively looking a Club Activities and Events Manager for a large scale community in Sacramento called Natomas Park. The ideal candidate will manage all members, vendors and Club events and reservations. Implements new and creative club events to excel membership attendance and family oriented activities each year.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain high-level customer service and hospitality both internally and externally.
- Manages appointments pertaining to calendar availability and reservations with members and north Natomas community groups for Club rentals.
- Partners with Social Committee to create, manage and adhere to annual events and budget; including monthly progress updates.
- Reviews and processes rental agreement and event forms to ensure completion from each member and vendor.
- Manages the collection of all deposits, forms and fees for club rentals.
- Creation of schematic sheets (acceptable venue styles and guidelines) for each venue per member/vendor/club event on club premises.
- Communicate with supervisors and staff of all logistics involved for each venue and stating the role each person is responsible for and follow through with meeting needs.
- Create and distribute check off lists for supervisors and staff for each venues' rental agreement and equipment used; member, clubs, and/or outside vendor events.
- Communicate with club members of the policy and guidelines needed around reservations, space and equipment.
- Manage the maintenance and cleanliness of rooms, furniture and equipment used for each venue; both pre and post events.
- Facilitate internal staff meetings to brainstorm on improving processes, operations and ideas for upcoming events and club activities.
- Creates and updates event P&L reports for pre and post events.
- Cover all club areas or positions when needed.
- Handle internal and external complaints.
- Maintain vendor relations and ensure that service standards are maintained.
- Maintain the food and beverage budget and inventory for internal board meetings, coffee stations, cabana café, and club seasonal events.
- Promote the Club's current and upcoming events via newsletter, Facebook, e-Blast and advertisements within the Club.
- Implement the Club Natomas and FirstService Residential guidelines and policies to internal and external guests.
- Lead on final decisions related to club venue dates, vendors, logistics, schematic redesign and staff necessary to work the event.
- Implement Club's guidelines, policies, procedures and processes to staff, members and guests.
- Ensure cash handling is within procedures and explain any shortages or overages as they occur.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities * Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards. * Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct. * Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies. * May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines. * Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work. * Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management. * Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility * Supervise assigned community event/recreational program coordinator(s). * Collaborate and provide support to Club manager. * Other positions as deemed appropriate. * Supervise overall functions of the Club, including weekly Leader on Duty shifts.
Education & Experience * High school diploma or equivalent * 3-5 years of experience in event or hospitality management. * 2 years of experience hiring, training, supervising, coaching and developing staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff. • Create approach to event management to include daily fitness programming and small/large scale events • Strong verbal and written communication skills. • Ability to work with inside and outside environmental elements (noise, weather, etc.). • Ability to lift, push and move equipment and furniture. • Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, implement, and monitor progress for successful completion; working well under pressure in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines • Demonstrates attention to detail. • Demonstrates awareness of variables which could affect employee retention and/or morale. • Strong vendor relations and volunteer programming. • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE • A minimum of five years customer service experience; with at least 2 years experience in a related field of managerial / event coordinating and a minimum of 2 years food and beverage experience. • High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS • Valid California Driver’s License and State Mandated Vehicle Insurance and own transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled