General Electric Chief Enterprise Software Architect in Sacramento, California
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Chief Enterprise Software Architect is the thought leader responsible for developing the data framework enterprise architecture across the GE Healthcare Imaging organization. This key role works on highly complex enterprise wide projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains. This role has across organization influence to drive long-term and cohesive cloud platform technologies which provide specific business value and competitive advantage.
• Lead the business-wide technical and business discussions relative to future enterprise design platform direction.
• Responsible for the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
• Lead the development and execution of a communication and education plan for the enterprise architecture.
• Define and build engineering development platform processes which enhance engineering consistency and efficiency of engineering development practices.
• Define principles that guide technology decisions and the relationships between enterprise business context (industry and market trends) and specified technology.
• Identify driving CTQ’s including gaps or alignments that drive requirement activities.
• Promote the enterprise architecture (EA) process, outcomes and results to the organization and senior business leadership.
• Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide EA decision making.
• Leads the development of modern software development tools and techniques and open source environment.
• Partners with GE Healthcare internal and external stakeholders/resources to ensure Cyber Security readiness
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 15 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across product lines.
• Experience in delivering data and analytics solutions which address internal/external customer challenges.
• Experience in the development and deployment of modern machine learning.
• Leads the business-wide technical and business discussions relative to future enterprise direction, aligning architecture strategy with enterprise goals.
• Reviews and/or analyzes and develops architectural requirements, as needed for business-wide projects.
• Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to guide EA decision making.
• Proactively identifies reuse goals, opportunities and related explorations.
• Cultivates a culture that proactively uses market data to drive growth. Continually monitors industry dynamics and market trends, and anticipates how those trends will impact GE's and our customers' profitability.
• Works with Senior Business leadership to approve allocation of budget to meet architectural initiatives critical to business/mission success.
• Ensures enterprise-wide on-time delivery and architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
• Leads the development and execution of a communication and education plan for the enterprise architecture.
• Ability to set / change direction at the enterprise level by building and using direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas, uses chains of indirect influence.
Locations: United States; California
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.