Centene Corporation Utilization Review Nurse I (Field Based) in Rancho Cordova, California
Position Purpose: The Utilization Review Nurse I provides first level clinical review for all outpatient and ancillary services requiring authorization. Utilizes decision-making and critical-thinking skills in the review and determination of coverage for medically necessary health care services. Answers Utilization Management directed telephone calls; managing them in a professional and competent manner. Processes all prior authorizations to completion utilizing appropriate review criteria. Identifies and refers all potential quality issues to the Clinical Quality Management Department, and suspected fraud and abuse cases to Program Integrity. Acts as liaison between the TRICARE beneficiary and the Network Provider.
- Provides first level RN review for all outpatient and ancillary prior authorization requests for medical appropriateness and medical necessity using appropriate criteria, referring those requests that fail review to the medical director for second level review and determination. Completes data entry and correspondence as necessary for each review.
- Conducts rate negotiation with non-network providers, utilizing appropriate CMAC, DRG, HCPC reimbursement methodologies. Documents rate negotiation accurately for proper claims adjudication.
- Acts as liaison between the TRICARE beneficiary and the provider, facility and the MTF to utilize appropriate and cost effective medical resources within the direct care and purchased care system.
- Identifies and refers potential cases to Disease Management, Case Management, Demand Management and Transitional Care.
- Refers all potential quality issues and grievances to Clinical Quality Management and suspected fraud and abuse to Program Integrity.
Education/Experience: Graduate of Nursing program; BSN desired or Graduate in Clinical Psychology or Clinical Social Work. Three years clinical experience in a health care environment; managed care experience desired
License/Certification: Current, valid and unrestricted state license/certification for Registered Nurse, Clinical Psychologist, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker license. Valid state driver s license.
Government Security/Clearance/Citizenship Requirements: Requires US citizenship and current security clearance
Job: Health Insurance Operations
Organization: Federal Services
Location: California-Rancho Cordova
Requisition ID: 1061563