Randstad Sr. SQL Server Database Administrator in Rancho Cordova, California
Sr. SQL Server Database Administrator
location:Rancho Cordova, CA
salary:$55 - $63 per hour
date posted:Thursday, August 10, 2017
job type:Temp to Perm
JOB DESCRIPTION - Sr. Engineer - Database Admin
Our client is looking for a Sr. Database Administrator for a contract to hire opportunity in Rancho Cordova, CA.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for setup, support & management of SQL Server Databases in production, test & development environments. The candidate will be responsible for creation and administration of SQL Server 2012, 2014, and 2016 databases in standalone, mirrored, clustered and AlwaysOn environments. He/she must have substantial hands-on technical experience in addition to strong conceptual knowledge about SQL Server database and underlying architecture and fundamentals. Duties and responsibilities are focused on database management and administration, including infrastructure strategy, design, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of database systems.
· Install SQL Server 2012, 2014, and 2016 databases
· Support SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, and 2016 databases
· Build and support database replication using mirroring, clustering, log shipping, and AlwaysOn
· Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures using SQL Server maintenance plans
· Adhere and improve "best practices" documentation
· Perform health checks and proactive monitoring using Solarwinds
· Establishes and enforces all database standards and integrity
· Be on site during normal working hours and to provide occasional after hours 24x7 support. Remote access options are available to accommodate after hours support.
· Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
· Effectively demonstrate on performance analysis, tuning & improvements of SQL Server database based application systems
Experience required - 10+ years SQL Server administration supporting a production environment; SQL Server Reporting Services; SQL Server Integration Services; Troubleshooting SQL Server database issues; Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle; ; Ability to write complex T-SQL scripts; Transparent Database Encryption implementation; Demonstrated experience in development of long-term database strategies for the enterprise environment to stay current with technology and provide the required functionality to the organization and as well as adherence to Change Control procedures and policies; Technically enthusiastic and willing to learn attitude is required; Familiarity with large IT budgeted projects, data center migration efforts, and designing disaster recovery procedures.
Nice to have - Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services