TRC Companies Senior Structural Bridge Engineer in Rancho Cordova, California
TRC is looking for a Senior Structural/Bridge Engineer in their Rancho Cordova, CA office to perform a wide range of structural design tasks from basic to complex, related to steel and concrete bridge design as well as assist on other tasks such as design of ancillary bridge components, retaining walls and other transportation related structures, computer modeling and analysis, preparing technical specifications, plan layout, oversight of detailing for plan production, report preparation, construction support and site inspection. Oversee day-to-day technical operations of projects and portions of complex projects. Prepare quantities and pricing for construction cost estimates. Supervise, mentor and train junior engineers/staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead structural design for projects of significant complexity.
- Manage and direct project staff in performance of their duties.
- Develop models and analyze concrete and steel structures.
- Perform independent bridge design checks of projects
- Prepare Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E's).
- Provide technical expertise and quality control.
- Assist in establishing design criteria and resolves design problems.
- Perform bridge related research analysis and write reports.
- Conduct bridge field inspections.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- 10+ years of experience as a Bridge/Structural Engineer
- Experience in design of steel and concrete structures
- Experience with Caltrans and local agency projects
- Experience in managing small teams/staff
- Bridge Inspection experience
- PE in California
- MS in structures preferred
- SE license preferred
- Willingness to interact with clients and perform marketing activities a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Rancho Cordova, CA - RCD