TRC Companies Senior Electric Distribution Engineer (Utility) in Rancho Cordova, California
The Senior Distribution Engineer performs complex detailed design of overhead and /or underground electric distribution systems. This work includes the preparation of field notes, drawings, specifications, and estimates for review. Lead design engineering projects and coordinate internal design resources to meet project deadlines. Project-based supervision of staff and resource allocation of internal skills to achieve goals is a responsibility that will be assigned to this role.
Engineer specifications, design and prepare independently TRC's complex project plans, prepare construction orders related to overhead and underground facilities associated with electric distribution systems applying the prescribed standards, guides, specification, and procedures.
Direct assigned project to meet project schedule by performing the following:
- Prepare manual or computer assisted design and construction drawings of a complex nature
- Perform design services requiring a full understanding of drawings, specifications, and industry and client standards
- Preparation of cost estimates, specifications, evaluations, and requisitions.
- Perform distribution system design calculations.
- Contact landowners and/or their agents, to negotiate agreement of Rights of Way (easements) for proposed utility equipment. Obtain necessary contact and tax map information for easement processing.
- Apply the client's standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing layouts of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
- Prepare design sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects.
- Perform load studies on distribution transformers, investigate circuit overloads and voltage complaints to determine necessary corrective action.
- Prepare and submit required reports and correspondence.
- Utilize client and Company information systems to track and update design activities.
- Direct, mentor, train, and Quality check the work of less experienced Designers or any level of Distribution Analysts.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS Degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering, or otherwise qualifying work experience.
- P.E. CA, or ability to become certified P.E.
- Demonstrated ability and/or experience with GIS systems preferably Smallworld or GWD and CADD systems (AutoCad).
- 10+ years of utility distribution design experience with a utility or consulting engineering firm with demonstrated project capability.
- Ability to handle contacts with clients and other agencies in connection with project design responsibilities.
- Ability to follow prescribed standards and procedures.
- Shall have demonstrated leadership and technical capability to perform to job responsibilities.
- DEG management may consider other education and work experience to be acceptable for appointment to this position.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Rancho Cordova, CA - RCD