Centene Corporation Manager, Program Changes (PMP certification required) in Rancho Cordova, California
Position Purpose: The Manager of Program Changes is responsible for managing medium to large sized, cross-functional projects (a total of 50 participants and/or $15m budget). This position also has full-line management responsibilities including the authority to hire, fire and review subordinate positions. Manages at least three staff, assigning projects and performing QA of each individual s work product. Will be assigned multiple complex business analysis activities. Responsibilities also include the development and proposal submission and negotiation of cost proposals with the government for assigned projects.
- Responsible for overall project implementation of assigned projects, including the integration and application of the project management processes: initiating, planning, monitoring and controlling and project closure.
- Responsible for the proper integration and implementation of multiple projects with common elements.
- Assigns, coordinates, prioritizes and monitors workflow/workload of change orders and special projects assigned to direct reports.
- Leads a team who manages the Change Order Leadership Team (COLT), (also known as the project teams), which membership is in excess of 25 management level executives representing Health Net business units. This leadership activity includes oversight of the project implementation in order to ensure that the project work effort, scheduled activities, dependencies, milestones and resources are appropriately identified and documented and tracked in the project plan.
- Leads decision-making activities that include consensus building amongst COLT members and ensuring end-to-end policy/process integrity to appropriately accomplish project work.
- Provides recommendations for strategic approach, risk mitigations strategies, and provides problem solving assistance on complex issues (e.g. risks to critical path task schedule) so that all processes are considered for maximizing effective implementation and results.
- Reviews and approves all formal government correspondence, project status reports, project communications to executives, proposals and pre-negotiation objectives.
- Ensures staff adherence to departmental polices, procedures and standards, and monitors staff progress towards individual performance goals.
- Provides oversight and active participation in preparation of a Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliant proposal processes and government negotiations.
- Ensures that the basis of estimate supporting the cost proposal is consistent with sound business practices and government approved proposal-pricing methodology.
- Reviews and monitors incurred project costs throughout the project in order to ensure the costs are allowable under the project and in accordance with implementation plan and/or submitted cost proposal.
- Communicates and interacts with executive level management.
- Manages 30 to 50 projects per year
Education/Experience: Bachelor s Degree in Business or related Field. Demonstrated experience (minimum five years) successfully managing (as the primary project manager) multiple complex projects using ANSI standard project management methodology. Three to five years supervision experience. Health care or TRICARE experience. Extensive general business experience. Experience in a Federal or State contract environment
License/Certification: Project Management certificate within 24 months of hire
As agovernment contractor, this position requires U. S. citizenship and proof offavorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86or higher security.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Organization: Federal Services
Location: California-Rancho Cordova
Requisition ID: 1063267