Centene Corporation Lead Pharmacy Technician Medicare Programs CA-Rancho Cordova in Rancho Cordova, California
Position Purpose: The Pharmacy Technician Lead oversees the pharmacy technicians and ensures proper use of established guidelines, policies, and procedures, ensures smooth and efficient work flow, schedules staff, trains associates, performs duties of a pharmacy technician, and assists the Operations management in problem solving.
- Oversees the pharmacy technicians and ensures smooth and efficient work flow, quick turn around time of member submitted claims and approval/denial letters, ensures staff is properly trained.
- Trains and evaluates staff, promotes team work and staff motivation, designs systems to ensure efficient systems and that department policies and procedures are followed.
- Coordinates functions with other departments to ensure excellent customer service.
- Participates in establishment of goals and objectives to meet the strategic goals
- Answers questions from customer service, members, pharmacies, providers, etc. on member benefits and drug coverage.
- Assists providers in obtaining their prescriptions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with escalated member, physician and pharmacy calls.
- Assists the pharmacy department team members complete all duties and tasks requested by the Director.
- In addition to the duties outlined above, this is a working Lead position whereby the individual will carry an assigned workload.
- Carries out all duties and responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned
Education/Experience: Pharmacy technician certification, pharmacy technician training or equivalent experience required. Minimum two years experience as a pharmacy technician working in a managed care organization or equivalent health care environment. Experience with dispensing prescriptions using an on-line pharmacy computer system is desirable
License/Certification: Pharmacy technician certification, pharmacy technician training or equivalent experience required
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job: Health Insurance Operations
Organization: Envolve Pharmacy
Location: California-Rancho Cordova
Requisition ID: 1062312