Anthem Group Underwriter I / II / Sr. (New York, NY) - 131416 in Rancho Cordova, California
Your Talent. Our Vision.At Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we willdrive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
_Group Underwriter I/II/Sr. (New York, NY) - 131416_ Location: New York, NY
*Group Underwriter I* * Responsible for evaluating eligibility of groups and members in accordance with corporate underwriting guidelines and federal and state statutes. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: * Reviews applications to determine eligibility and completeness, based upon eligibility guidelines. * Maintains and assists in the development of eligibility guidelines and manuals. * Communicates with sales associates when preparing and releasing new business proposals and existing business renewals. Participates on project teams. *Group Underwriter II* * Responsible for determining acceptability of insurance risks and appropriate premium rates for renewal and prospect employer groups in accordance with corporate underwriting guidelines and authority limits. Primary duties may include,but are not limited to: * Calculates renewal rates for group cases based on analysis of group's experience, industry and demographics. * Communicates with sales associates when preparing and releasing new business proposals and existing business renewals. * Prepares annual settlements, ERISA reports, rate projections and post sale review. *Group Underwriter Sr*. * Responsible for determining acceptability of insurance risks and appropriate premium rates for large, complex renewal and prospect employer groups in accordance with Corporate Underwriting Guidelines and Authority Limits. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: * Calculates renewal rates for complex group cases based on thorough analysis of the group's experience, industry, location, size, and demographic nature. * Coordinates with other departments to ensure the accuracy and consistency of account reporting. * Proposes rates and terms for group prospects with various funding arrangements, including alternative fundings, utilizing a combination of other carrier experience, demographic data and manual rates. * Prepares or supervises the preparation of annual settlements, ERISA reports, rate projections, or benefit change increments or decrement. Communicates with sales, administration and claims to assess the rating and administrative impact or benefit and plan changes.
- Requires a BA/BS in a related field;
- 2-4 years of experience in underwriting; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. CPCU, CLU, LOMA, HIAA or other insurance related courses preferred.
- Ideal candidate will possess the ability to work as a part of a fast-paced middle market large group underwriting team.
- Group Underwriter I - 2 years related experience
- Group Underwriter II - 3 years related experience
- Group Underwriter Sr. - 4 years related experience
- Please note: This position may be filled at the Group Underwriter I,II or Senior level. Manager will determine level based upon selected applicant's background and skill set relative to the qualifications of the position. Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.*
Title: Group Underwriter I / II / Sr. (New York, NY) - 131416
Location: california-Rancho Cordova
Requisition ID: 131416